Art and galleries
Art galleries on Ærø
Ærø offers a wealth of exciting galleries and workshops. Painting, watercolours, granite sculptures, ceramics, hand crafted jewellery……the selection is wide, but they all have one thing in common: you will be welcomed with open arms and an open mind. Don’t be afraid to explore, advanced artist, art lover or beginner.
Galleries on Ærø
Marstal and region
- Vesterled Galleri in Ommel, artist Anne Værnes, with gallery, course and workshop. A diversity of subjects in exciting techniques in painting and graphics. Opening hours: Daily in June, July and August at. 10-17 – otherwise during the year by contacting and ‘when the ÆRØ-flag is out’. See website for contact information > www.anneværnes.dk
- Fars Griller Mors Mænd v/ Majbritt Drud. Gallery and workshop in Kongensgade – right in the heart of Marstal. See website for more information > www.druddesign.dk
- Gallery Fuglsang, café and b&b. The gallery exhibits paintings by varying artists. Stone sculptures of artist Erik Hartwich from Ærø and stoneware sculptures from the owner of the gallery Johnna Christiansen are permanently on display in the Gallery.
Søby and region
- Galleri Rusager, in and around the gallery exhibits Erik Hartwich his art: sculptures in stone and oil paintings. The gallery is owned and operated by Erik Hartwich, and he also works there.
- Vitsø Kunstskole og Galleri, course-center in the middle of Vitsøs beautiful scenery led by Rüdiger and Anette Mövens
Ærø Kunstforening, an association of local artists, arranges different exhibitions over the year. Have a look at their calendar here.
Also students from Kunsthøjskolen på Ærø, an art school, have a exhibition at the harbour in Søby. It is free of charge and open fra June 1st to September 1st. During this time there will be a few guided tours – Find out when on our Upcoming Events.
Find the galleries and exhibitions on Ærø here
Click on individual markings to find addresses and contact details for the multitude of galleries on Ærø
Show Artgalleries on Ærø on a larger map